- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate wafers or Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 4 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups crushed chocolate chips
Frosting & leaf garnish:
- 16 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 ounces maple syrup
- Chocolate leaves (homemade or purchased)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine cookie crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Press mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan and bake about 10 minutes.
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low speed just until combined. Place melted semi-sweet chocolate in a separate bowl and stir in about 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture. Set aside. Combine pumpkin and spices and gently fold into the remaining cream cheese mixture. Stir in the melted white chocolate. Spoon semi-sweet chocolate mix over crust. Pour white chocolate layer on top and place pan on a baking sheet in the oven. (Place a shallow pan of water on a lower oven rack to prevent cracking.)
Bake 45-55 minutes or until center is slightly set. Turn oven off. Let cheesecake sit in the oven with the door open for about half an hour. Set pan on a cooling rack and carefully run a knife around edge to loosen cheesecake; cool in the pan an hour longer. Refrigerate in the pan overnight.
For garnish, combine mascarpone cheese, vanilla, confectioners’ sugar, whipping cream and maple syrup in a large bowl. With an electric mixer, beat together until mixture is smooth and stiff peaks form, about 2 to 4 minutes. Do not overbeat. Refrigerate until ready to use. Before serving, remove sides of pan and press on crushed chocolate chips. Using a pastry bag or plastic sandwich bag, pipe mascarpone mixture on top and garnish with chocolate leaves. Makes 12 servings.