- 18 fresh figs, cut in half
- 1 cup (6 ounces) blue cheese, softened
- 18 slices prosciutto ham, cut 1/16-inch thick by 2 inches wide
- 1 1/2 cups arugula leaves
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Scoop a small amount out of the center of each fig half and fill equally with the blue cheese. Put the halves back together and wrap each fig with prosciutto. Bake until the prosciutto begins to crisp, about 4 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside. Whisk together the olive oil and lemon juice and toss with the arugula. Place warm figs on plates. Place 1/4 cup of arugula in the center. Sprinkle with the almonds and serve. Makes 18 figs.