- 1 box chocolate cake or brownie mix
- 1 box (4-serving size) chocolate instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (21-ounce) cans cherry pie filling
Prepare cake per package directions and let cool. Once cooled, cut or tear into medium chunks and set aside. Make pudding and let thicken. Beat cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy. Fold in whipped topping. Place half of the cake crumbles in the bottom of a trifle dish. Add half of the pudding, half of the cherries and then half of the cream cheese mixture. Repeat layers, saving a few cherries to garnish the top layer. Chill for at least two hours (or overnight) before serving.