- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound ground beef or shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Once cooked, lay in a single layer on waxed paper. In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Add onion and garlic and cook until onions soften, about 5-8 min. Add spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, oregano and basil. Lower heat to med-low and cook about 15 minutes.
In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese with half of the mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses. Add egg, parsley, salt and pepper; mix until combined. Layer a 9×13 baking pan with 1 cup of meat sauce to cover bottom of pan. Spoon about 1/4 cup of cheese mixture down each noodle. Top with 1/4 cup meat sauce. Roll up lasagna noodles and place seam-side down in the pan. Top with remaining meat sauce and cheeses. Cover with aluminum foil and bake about 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 12-15 more minutes until lightly browned and cheese is bubbly. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Makes 12 rolls.