- 1 1/2 cups (1 1/2 sleeves) chocolate graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 3 Braeburn or Honey Crisp apples
- 2 packages cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 cans apple pie filling, chopped into small pieces
- 1 (8-ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Ground cinnamon for garnish
Place graham crackers in a food processor and process until fine crumbs. Empty into a medium bowl; add sugar and 6 tablespoons melted butter. Mix well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan. Chill 5 to 10 minutes in the freezer until set.
Peel, core and slice apples. Sauté in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat 4-5 minutes until cooked through; set aside to cool. In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Gently stir in the apple pie filling and whipped topping. Spread over the prepared crust. Spoon caramel sauce evenly over top of cheesecake. Garnish with cooked apple slices in a pinwheel pattern. Refrigerate 4 hours or until set. Lightly garnish with cinnamon before serving.