- 1 (1-pound) beef top sirloin steak, boneless, 3/4-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 6 thin slices provolone cheese
- 4 hoagie rolls, split and toasted
Cut steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8-inch thick strips. Season with garlic powder and pepper; set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add onion, pepper and mushrooms; stir-fry 30-60 seconds; remove from skillet and keep warm.
Heat 1/2 teaspoon oil in same skillet until hot. Add half of beef; stir-fry 2-3 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil and remaining beef.
Return beef and vegetables to skillet; cook and stir until heated through. Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
Top beef with cheese slices. Heat, covered, 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted; stir gently to mix. Place beef mixture on toasted bread and serve. Makes 4 sandwiches.