- 1 pie crust
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeños (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Slice tomatoes and lay flat on a paper towel. Sprinkle with kosher salt and let sit 10 minutes. After sitting, use another paper towel to absorb excess juice.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, jalapeños, cheeses, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add more mayonnaise or seasoning, if you like. Layer half of the tomato slices and half of the cheese mixture in pie crust; repeat. Bake about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Katelyn Youngblood